Professional Tax Registration
Professional Tax is a state-level tax that applies to salaried employees and professionals, including chartered accountants, lawyers and doctors.
PAN & TAN Registration
Get Quote Instantly in a Minute
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
We do a thorough check of the files you send in
We will appoint an affiliate to process your application
Receipt of Tax Number
The TIN will be issued within 15 days of the application
Why should you register your Company?
Registering a company offers many benefits. A registered company makes it genuine and increases the authenticity of your business.
- Shields from personal liability and protects from other risks and losses.
- Attracts more customers
- Procures bank credits and good investment from reliable investors with ease.
- Offers liability protection to protect your company’s assets
- Greater capital contribution and greater stability
- Increases the potential to grow big and expand
- You will also get Zero Balance Current Account – Powered by DBS Bank *
WHY START-UPS PREFER PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY AS A BUSINESS FORM?
The Private Ltd Company is one of the most preferred business legal forms by growing Indian start-ups. A private limited company can fulfill the requirement of raising funds from private investors easily; attract less tax and is a separate legal entity with perpetual succession which is restricted to other business types. Find out more.
Professional Tax Applicability
Professional tax is levied on all types of trades and professions in India. It has to be paid compulsorily by every staff member who is employed in any private firm operating in India. Professional tax registration is the onus of every business owner, who must take up responsibility for deduction of professional tax and payment for the same
PROFESSIONAL TAX VARIATION WITH EACH STATE
Professional tax payment will always have distinct rates that keep varying from state to state. The state governments which are levying state tax are West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Gujarat.
PROFESSIONAL TAX FOR SELF-EMPLOYED
Any professional who gets a regular income on a monthly basis will have to pay the professional tax. By the term professional, we imply people working in specialized fields like accountancy, media, medicine, information technology, media, etc.
Professionals offering freelance services also need to pay professional tax using a special type of form. They can fill the form and get a registration number first. Then, using that number, they can pay their taxes in the corresponding banks.
In certain states in India, specifically , Maharashtra Profession Tax Act amended from 1.4.2018, Now a Limited Liability Partnership and each partner of LLP shall be liable to pay PT of Rs. 2,500/- per annum.
EXEMPTION FROM PROFESSIONAL TAX PAYMENT
The following individuals are exempted to pay professional tax:
– Parents of children with a permanent disability or mental disability.
– Members of the armed forces, including members of auxiliary forces or reservists, serving in the state.
– Individuals, over 65 years of age.
– An individual who is physically challenged (also visually challenged).
– Women exclusively engaged as agent under the Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachat Yojana or Director of Small Savings.
– Parents or guardians of individuals who are mentally challenged
– Badli workers in the textile industry.
50 VERIFIED VENDORS
We’ve tied-up with some of the best vendors in major cities of the country to get you your Professional Tax Registration. We’ve completed 500+ registrations in the past 12 months.
9.1 CUSTOMER SCORE
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as is possible by doing all the paperwork for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
160 STRONG TEAM
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we’ll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.